They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

8.02.2011

Last week of summer

I can't believe that this is the last full week of summer.  Ward and Ann Park start school one week from tomorrow (albeit they only go until 1 those first three days).  Ward is heading off to first grade . . . and my baby girl to kindergarten.  My how time flies.  They are both excited for all the fun a new school year brings.  I know that there will be many challenges down the road, but I too get excited for a new school year.  My OCD leanings love all the new supplies, organization, clothes (esp. the precious girl uniform jumpers!), and clean tennis shoes. 

I also love getting back into a routine.  Summer time is fun since the rules are more relaxed (i.e. the kids can watch TV during the week) and bedtimes are more flexible.  But I am ready to start back on the school schedule and get back into our routine.  My kids are just happier when they know what is coming.  I can probably blame myself for the fact that they are not those "go-with-the-flow" type of kids since I started them on schedules before they could even hold their heads up.  Of course, they are always willing to break the routine and have a fun day "without mommy's rules"!

On another note, I have some really cute lake pictures to post from a couple weekends back.  All the kids have taken to the lake - even Sam.  The first thing he wants to do when we get there is get in his life jacket and swim in the lake!  I have been amazed at how he will just swim around.  I think that he likes having the freedom and knowing that he can trust his life jacket to keep him up.  It also really tired him out which leads to a nice long nap in the afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment