They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

11.11.2010

Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day is always a day that is close to my heart.  I am very patriotic and am amazed at all who sacrificed for our, my, freedoms.  I know how selfish I am when I ask myself whether I could do what they do every day.  And it is all the more special to me now that we have a Marine in the family - Louisa's husband Greg.  He will always have a special place with the Upchurch's.  Ever since their "Southern Tour" after college when he and Louisa came and stayed at the lake and Ward fell in love.  We talk about Cousin Greg a lot (sometimes he is even referred to as Uncle Greg!) around our house and even though he is not currently "fighting the badguys" in Afghanastan, his life, and Louisa's, is a testament to the work service.  Ward even drew a picture of him on the computer, in all his camo, holding an American flag.  I gotta send that one out ot CA.

But to all that currently serve, those who have served in the past, and especially those who have made hte ultimate sacrifice, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Thank you just doesn't seem to cut it, but know that my prayers cover you all daily and nightly.  God Bless you.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this - you are so sweet! Thank you for thinking of us on Veteran's Day. We are so lucky to have you as cousins (and as some of the most supportive people during the deployment!)

    ReplyDelete