They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

11.22.2010

Ward's thoughts on Jesus

Ward has been learning a lot at school abot Jesus.  He is so sweet about it, although I have to hold back the laughter on some of the things that come out of his mouth.  The way kids minds work is just so literal.  Here are some samples:

"I love baby Sam the way Jesus loves him."  (When he said this tonight, I think that mom was about to cry.)

______

WARD:  "Mommy, I want to be like Jesus."
ME: "Ward, that is so great.  We all should try to be like Jesus in everything that we do."
WARD:  "Yeah, I know.  Only I don't want to be put up on a cross in my underwear."

I didn't reply to that because I was too scared of laughing.

_______

WARD: "Mommy, what happened to all the people who died before Jesus?"
ME: "Well, Ward, they didn't get a chance to know Jesus, but they knew God and if they loved God they went to heaven to be with God."
. . . silence . . .
WARD: "Mommy?"
ME:  "Yes bud?"
WARD:  "I think that if you don't know Jesus you just stay dead in the ground."

I didn't have an answer for that one either.

1 comment:

  1. This just cracked me up! And is so sweet at the same time. I can't wait until C is at the age where she says crazy, sweet, funny things :)

    ReplyDelete