They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

12.22.2013

Thoughts on Maggie's birthday

I had a hard time with Maggie's birthday this year.  Of course I was so happy that she was turning another year older (2!) and that she was here with us.  But my mind could not stop thinking about her birth mother. I actually shed a tear or two thinking about her and what she could be feeling on that day.  For us moms, a child's birthday is always so special - remembering all the details of your child's birth - where you were, how it all happened, how happy you were, etc.

So what in the world does Maggie's birth mother think and feel on her birthday?  She can't help but think about that day.  I wonder what she was feeling.  I am so thankful for her courage to give up Maggie for adoption.  I pray that she somehow knows that Maggie is okay - that she is more than okay.  That she is in a family who loves her dearly.  That she is thriving.  That she is laughing every day.  And that she brings that laughter into our house and our hearts.

Somewhere in Russia (I assume), her birthmother most likely wonders what happened to her little daughter with the brown hair and big brown eyes.  May God touch her heart and let her know that she is loved.  And will be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment