They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

4.22.2012

New Orleans

This weekend we took the whole family to New Orleans to spend time with Aunt Bean, Silly Uncle Martin, Tripp, Ashton and baby Liam.  To say that we had a great time would be an understatement.  The kids got along great and I rarely heard a cross word.  The adults got two nights out on the town and I think that I gained at least 5 pounds from the amount of food and drink that I consumed!

Friday night was special because my dad's sister, Aunt Ginger, and her husband, Uncle Tom, were in town for a convention.  They came to the house, played with the kids for a bit and then we had a great dinner catching up and hearing old stories as well.

Saturday was a bit rainy but that didn't stop us!  We headed down to the aquarium where the kids had a blast!   I took a couple of pictures on my phone (so excuse the quality):

everyone is in love with Ashton!!

waiting patiently for the aquarium to open

Loving Tripp's pose here!

  The shark tank (you can kinda see one of the sharks in the back).  Cheese!

Where is the shark?

We love New Orleans!!!

After the aquarium, the kids and moms rode the street car (a fun, but long ride because of all the stops!) to Tripp's favorite place to eat - New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood.  I can't speak for the seafood, but the hamburgers were great!  Martin's dad met us for lunch which was also a special treat for everyone.

Ann Park on the street car

Sam on the street car

Woo hoo!

Tripp and Ann Park eating at a table by themselves!  So cute

Ward loved just about everything and is already asking me when we are going back!

Also on Saturday, Ted's sister Julie was sweet enough to drive over with her two kids (they live about 45 minutes away) and spend some times with the kids.  Ward loved seeing John Benton and Ann Park wants to be Ann Margaret, I think!  I just hope that she is as sweet to the younger kids as Ann Margaret is!

Saturday ended with a walk down Bourbon Street (adults only!) and an amazing dinner at Irene's.  I will go out on a limb and put that dinner in one of my top 5 favorites.  Delicous food, great wine, and the company was okay too!  This morning we packed and played at the park before we had to come back home.  A quick trip, but well worth it to see the bonds between cousins expanding and the wonderful memories made.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! I spoke with mom over the weekend and she said they had so much fun seeing everyone, and playing with the kids! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete