Ann Park woke up crying about an hour and a half ago. I guess she had a bad dream . . . I couldn't really understand what was wrng, but she went back to sleep. I, on the other hand, am still awake. So many things running through my mind.
Of course the adoption is always at the top of the list. As you all know, this week has been hard for me. And hte last two days I have had a bunch of tennis matches and my sweet teammates have been asking me about it, so I have been talking a lot, which always brings it to the forefront of my mind. When I don't have people ask about it, I can kinda put it in the back of my brain and just let it go. But when I talk about it a lot it seems to consume my thoughts. And then I read on Facebook that the family that was ahead of us in line left for Russia today to meet their little girl and another family is coming home with their son. I know that I should be happy because that means that we are only that much closer, but I don't want to get my hopes up again. I mean, it has been almost EIGHT months since we were registered in Vlad. The normal timing for a referral is six months. I guess there is really nothing normal about adoption though. Thinking about all this just depresses me.
Instead, I am really trying to focus on my faily right now and especially on Sam. He has been sick fr about 5 weeks with a bad cold and has been really needy. He started running a fever yesterday and after a trip to the doctor we got him on some meds for a sinus infection. After only three doses of medication, I can tell a difference which is good. But even without the cold, he is all over me these days. He doesn't want anything to do with Ted and is being very jealous of Ward and Ann Park. Last night he even pushed Ann Park out of my lap and told her "No! My mama." Of course, this is just another confirmation that God knows what he is doing. Sam is clearly not ready to be a middle child. It is going to be a hard adjustment for him and the older he is, the better. And it doesn't hurt that I am putting him in MDO five days a week next year!
Also running through my heads are thoughts on our construction. I love it all and am so excited. I will try to take some pictures over the weekend to post. Hampton and I went shopping yesterday for porch furniture and some bedroom furniture and things are really coming together. I am starting to see it and I can also see hw our family is going to use the space and it makes me happy!
Alright, I am going to try to get some sleep. Hope no one else is awake right now. Maybe Angela is up feeding Landon and I provided her with some reading material!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks! You gave me something to read at 1a.m the next night. I don't even let myself read blogs during the day anymore. Save them all for late night entertaining.
ReplyDelete