So I have been studying up on the city where we our daughter will come from and where we will travel (and stay for about a month!) on this journey. I thought that I would share a little of what I have learned:
Vladivostok is a capital of the Primorje region. It is the largest city of the Far East Russia. The city was founded on July 2, 1860 and has a population of approximately 659,000 people. It is the end of Trans-Siberian Railway which goes from Moscow to Vladivostok and stretches for 5779 miles. Geographically Vladivostok is actually closer to San Francisco than to Moscow! It is situated not far from Russian-Chinese border and North Korea. Vladivostok spreads along the coast of the beautiful small bay and occupies different islands. The beauty of nature and convenient geographical position played a leading role when the city was founded. Vladivostok (sometimes called the Lord of the East) is best known as the home of the Russian Pacific Fleet. The winter climate is cold (by Alabama standards!) with average January’s temperature of 7F, and summer climate is nice but humid with June’s temperature of 68F. It is always humid due to the ocean, so during winter it feels colder than it shows on thermometer.
So that is just a little snapshot. I am reading a lot of other families's blogs and hearing about their journeys. I have such a peace in my heart and soul knowing where our daughter is coming from and where we will be travelling. I know that we have a long wait ahead of us, but am comforted to know that we have passed this huge hurdle. And I know that the time will fly by . . . not like I don't have anything else going on with Ward, Ann Park and Sam!!
9.12.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment