They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

9.06.2011

Frustration and Friends

I haven't posted in a while.  Sorry, but this is mainly out of frustration.  We have still not heard anything from Russia and we are close to having our documents there for 60 days.  It is supposed to take 30 days to get it translater and then to be registered.  I am frustrated beyond belief and can feel tears well up when I think about it.   I am truly learning the virtues of patience and trust.  I know that I cannot do anything about it and have to trust that God is in control and has our daughter in the palm of His Hand.  By the way, we are pretty confident that she is already born, which gives me the chills.  It also makes my heart hurt to think about how she is living right now - is she cold? hungry? lonely? wet?  I am praying for Guardian Angels in the form of kind caretakers and all others she encounters.

One of the ways I am coping with all this frustration is prayer, but it is also by being with my family and close friends.  We have been having a great time the past couple of weekends down at the lake.  Two weekends ago we took one of our favorite families down to the lake - the Holmes family.  They are Ward's godparents and we are godparents to one of their twins, Turner.  The other twin is Sam, and they also have a son, Bennett, who is almost the exact same age as our Sam.  To say that there was trouble in the air is an understatement.  The pictures say it all:

The three amigos

Roar!

Bennett driving the boat

Sam and the cooler

Ted taking the younger two kayaking

Ward and Turner

Sam

Ann Park was a little shy around the camera . . . 

Sam kayaking

TUBING!!!



one twin was always saying FASTER!

All 4 were in the tube at this point but I didn't get a good shot of all 4.  
Ann Park kinda hid in the back, but she had a great time - even if she was the only girl!  She held her own!










No comments:

Post a Comment