Sometimes I wonder if I should quit work for good. I am in that state right now. I usually think that way when I don't have much going on at work and I am just sitting at my desk, making up stuff to do to make the day go by (and remember that I only work 20 hours a week so it is not like I am here all the time). But that is not the case right now. I actually have a bunch of work. Two summary judgments under submission and one coming under submission later next month. So, in short, I have plenty to do.
The problems is that I don't want to do it. Take, for instance, the case I am working on now. It is a business deal gone wrong and pretty complicated. There are four claims and I really don't know much about the law in this area. Normally that would be a good thing - a challenge. I would have fun researching and trying to figure out the right result. But I am not feeling that way. I am bored. I don't want to do it. I don't really care. I am apathetic to the whole thing. Instead, I want to go home and play with my kids. I want to go to the gym. I want to have lunch with friends. I want to do anything besides being here.
So what am I gonna do about it? Well, nothing right now. I am taking the week off next week and it couldn't come at a better time. I am going to see if leaving htis place for a week and coming back after a good vacation changes my attitude. Plus the kids will be starting school soon and we will all get back in the routine. Hopefully things will go back to normal. If not, Ted and I will have to have a sit down and reevaluate things.
7.22.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not to be on "your side", but you have the best thing going if you were to stop working. With Mary, you can still workout whenever, play with the kids when you want, and go to lunch with friends any day...hmmmmm...decisions!!! I bet, though, after next week off, you'll feel refreshed and may want the challenge!!
ReplyDelete