They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

7.13.2010

Swamped

So I haven't posted in a while because I really haven't had anything to say or comment on.  Instead, I am swamped up to my neck in work and Ballet Guild stuff.  For those of you who don't know, I am President of the Ballet Guild for 2010-11 - a job that I am excited about and know that I can do a great job.  (The Ballet Guild raises about $60,000 a year for the Alabama Ballet through an annual gigantic Ball.)  The problem is that getting everything organized and out to my people (i.e. other officers and chairmen of all the different committees) has proven to be more work than I signed up for.  First of all, and no offense to the President before me, the files and binders are A MESS.  I don't understand how some of the people even worked with them, much less figured out what they were supposed to do and not do.  Some of this is because people just don't care, and some of it is because people ran out of time, had babies and lost their minds, etc.  But now my OCD self is spending hours each afternoon and night organizing, purging, writing lists, etc.  It is very overwhelming.  Second, the girl who is in charge of getting the directory updated and printed (we have about 200 members, by the way) just had a baby last week - her first, so you know that she is a basketcase. The directory needs to be done by the middle of next month . . . in like 4 weeks.  So guess who gets to do it?  Me.  But, no worries, the excellent delegator that I am (one of the things I did learn through high school and college sorority - yes, I was in a high school sorority and President,  I might add), I have already recruited a girl to check the addresses, phone numbers and e-mails of half the girls.  That leaves me with the other half.  And finally, I have to write a newsletter, get it printed and mailed to the membership before Labor Day.  Fun stuff.

And then, not to moan, our social calendar has gotten a little packed.  It is mostly Ted's work stuff, which is fun, but I don't want to do it every night!  Take the next week for example, we have something for his work Thursday night, Friday night, Sunday afternoon (we are not going to this, however, because we have Ann Park's birthday party) and then next Tuesday night.  I mean give a girl a break!  And the poor kids have babysitters all of those nights.  At least we are heading to the lake for an entire week soon.  (We should be Rosemary Beach but we cancelled since they can't get in the ocean - I know, bad us, we should be helping the economy, etc., but you tell 7 kids that they can't get into the ocean for a whole week.)  Oh yeah, and we have 4 birthday parties in the next 6 days - some both kids are invited to, others just AP or Ward - one of those being Ann Park's birthday.  I hope I show up with the right kids.

Ummmm. . . what else?  I am tired just writing this.  And I wonder why I am not getting any sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment