They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

9.08.2012

Tomorrow

I cannot believe that we are actually leaving for Russia in the morning.  I have so many emotions flowing through me it is hard to process.  We have a LONG 24 hours ahead of us, and I am nervous about all the flying.  I am not a good traveler and with the pressure of having to be there on Tuesday for our appointment with the Department of Education to officially receive our referral, I am a nervous wreck.  I am praying for peace and rest.

We arrive in Moscow on Monday around 10 in the morning.  Moscow is 9 hours ahead of time, so to our bodies it will feel like 1AM in Birmingham.  Long day, huh?  We will try try try to stay awake during the day in Moscow to somewhat adjust to the time difference.  Thank goodness there are a ton of cool things to do in Moscow to pass the time and keep us awake!  We have our appointment on Tuesday, September 11, but we don't know what time yet.  After our appointment, we will likely go straight to the "baby house" (i.e. what they call an orphanage) to meet our daughter.  We will get to spend time with her each day - depending on her nap it will either be once or twice a day.  Tee baby houses are about an hour away from the center center - not because of mileage, but because of traffic.  Apparently the traffic is horrendous.  I am sure that will be an adventure in and of itself!

I will not have my phone during the trip, but will have my computer with me.  I will try to post each day, but I can't make any promises.  We are not allowed to post any pictures or videos until she is officially ours so just wait a little longer!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.  Keep them coming throughout our trip, PLEASE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment