Today is our last day in Moscow. It is also our 10 year anniversary. Ted always told me he would take me to Europe for our 10 year anniversary, I just never thought it would be Moscow and I certainly did not think it would be to meet our 4th child! But God has great ways of working and it is special that we are here on this day. Certainly one that I will never forget.
We slept late again this morning (until 9 AM this time!) and were rushing a little bit to meet Vlad. Ted and I have had a really hard time adjusting to the time zone change which does not bode well for our return trip home as everyone says that coming over is much easier than going back. Oh well. We will just have to grin and bare it for about a week I guess.
We got to the baby house a little bit earlier than expected and again went to my favorite room - the music room to play with Kristina. While we were waiting, I commented to Vlad that the baby house was not what I expected (not that I really knew what to expect), but that it was much nicer, happier, colorful and not so institution-like. He said that the baby house where she lives is probably the best and nicest in Moscow. That was nice to hear!
When they brought her in, she was all smiles again. Completely and utterly adorable. She was animated, as usual, and very active. She loves to move around and is very happy and content. Although she is small size-wise, she seems to be very close to where she should be developmentally with her motor skills. Her verbal is still a little behind, but I am sure that she will catch up soon. When the nurse brought her in, she smiled immediately and reached for Ted which I thought was so sweet. It was clear that she remembered us and was happy to see us. That warmed my heart, but also made leaving her that much harder. We spent the first part of the morning in the music room and then took her outside. In the music room, she scooted around, made tons of playful noises, and was even concerned about where we were when we would get out of her view or get up to get something out of our bag. She would follow us with her head and eyes just to make sure that we were coming back.
I feel connected to her already and am very sad to leave. I shed a couple (well maybe more than a couple) of tears at the baby house this morning and on the way back to the hotel. I am trying to keep a clear head and find comfort in the fact that she is in good hands. It was clear that the women who worked at the orphanage cared for her and for her well-being. And, as Jeanne reminded me, leaving her means I am one step closer to bringing her home. Very true. For now, I will try to take comfort in that and all that lies ahead.
I am starting to get a little homesick and will be happy to see Ward, Ann Park and Sam. I have missed them so much and can't wait to get my hands on them! We bought them some little gifts that I am sure they are going to love.
Well, I am off to pack and shower for dinner tonight. We didn't make it to Chili's last night (TGI Friday's instead!) and I am not sure where we are going tonight. We ate at a great place for lunch today - another Italian restaurant - and I wouldn't mind going back there again! It is good to stick with what you know around here! Thanks to everyone for all their prayers and support at home. We can't wait to show you pictures of Kristina and tell you more about her. She is a living doll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment