A lot has happened at the Holt household since I last wrote anything on this blog. Sorry that I have not been keeping it very updated, but I will try to report all that has gone on:
1. House addition - coming along nicely. I think that they will be done in 2-3 weeks and we will be moved in. The hardwood floors are being put in today. This is a long, skinky process so we will probably spend some nights with my parents in the upcoming days. The kids will love that. It is really looking amazing and I can't believe that it is actually my house. We are going to live on the porch and will be able to enjoy it right in time for football season! Roll Tide!
2. Kids - everyone is great. Ward is gearing up for Camp Alpine. He leaves on Saturday and will be gone for 10 days. He has not even batted an eyelid about being away from us for so long and I hope that it stays that way. Ann Park turned 6 on Friday and had a great day. She is waiting to have her party (roller skating!) once school starts back so all her friends can come. We did have her best friend over to swim, get their nails done, and even go get her favorite meal - spaghetti and meatballs at Brio! They had a great time. Sam is just chugging along. Still working on his attitude and his extreme attachment to me. I am so glad that i signed him up for school 5 days a week (9-1) next year. He is so ready to get out of the house every day!
3. Adtoption - This is where the big news is and what has kept me off the computer these last few weeks. After the disappintment of losing another child, we made a change. But the cool thing is how it all happened. I am going to put that in another post. It deserves it. Long story short is that we switched agencies and are now going to get our little girl from Moscow. How did it all happen? Stay tuned . . . .
7.24.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment