So for all my ranting and complaining on the internet (and in person) Ted planned the MOST AMAZING birthday for me. And it was a whole day. Let me give you the full picture:
On Monday mid-morning, I got an e-mail from Ted at work. He told me that he had gotten me the day off work for the next day (in a very cute, lawyer way that included filing a "motion" in front of my Judge for a day of relaxation) and included my schedule for the day. He had arranged for child care for the kids, since it was spring break I got to go to my favorite exercise place (Grand Jete for all those from Birmingham) and then a wonderful lunch with my parents. Then, the best part - I got a massage and then a manicure and pedicure. I got home around 6, showered and then we headed to my favorite restaurant - Hot and Hot. We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of wine, courtesy of mom and dad, and I had an amazing Red Snapper. We talked and talked and I don't think that we mentioned the kids. As much as I adore and love my kids, adult conversation is so great.
All in all, a pretty much perfect day. All courtesy of my precious husband. I guess I'll keep him!
3.30.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you had a great day! Sometimes they redeem themselves, don't they? ;)
ReplyDelete